Sunday, July 02, 2006

Go France! for a change!

Despite all the nasty things I've thought and written about France in the post 9/11 world, when it came down to it, I was rooting for France over Brazil in yesterday's world cup match. France and I have history together; she's my old time squeeze. And I've never really had a thing for Brazil.

But besides that, thanks to the stellar performance of Zinedine Zidane, France controlled the match beautifully for the majority of the game; Brazil was left running around, unable to make any plays.

I'm currently watching a repeat of the Germany-Argentina game - in Spanish, not English - because it's impossible to find these matches in English most of the time. [About the only word I understand is pelote - ball] and I'm finding the German team's playing rather uninspiring. So far Argentina is winning, but Germany wins the match in the end.

So who are you rooting for in the semi-finals?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home