Sunday, October 08, 2006

You Know the World Has Changed Around You...

When Paris Bans Smoking in public places. Which it will, starting on 2/1/2007. And less than a year after that, the ban will be widened to include n bars, restaurants, hotels and discotheques.

I've never been a cigarette smoker, but when I lived in Paris, I certainly lit up on occasion with my European friends in cafes and bars, for the atmospherics.

I told my mom about that once. She and my dad had both been heavy smokers back in the day, and quitting caused each of them a lot of travail. So she overreacted when I mentioned it, assuming that the occasional cigarette in a cafe in Paris would turn me into a three pack a day smoker in no time flat. But smoking never held that kind of appeal for me. I was in no danger at all.

1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger iwiwag said...

Funny :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home