Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Which Christian Theologian Are You?

Karl Barth, drat! 100%. Heh, and I've never even read him. Although I
definitely think liberation theology was a disaster. That bit's true
enough.

I was hoping for Schleiermacher. Still I got 67% Schleiermacher,
so that is not all bad, and I'm pretty sure that I'm no more than 67%
Schleiermacher in any case. So pretty accurate on that score.
I admire the fact that he and Schlegel, together with Novalis
and a few others began the intellectual movement that became the
Early Romantic Movement against the ascendancy of the Enlightenment,
and I love his Platonism - I love early Schleiermacher, but am not so
into the later Christian Dogmatics.
He's certainly my favorite German Protestant Theologian.

I can't say how I got to be 67% John Calvin -- I'm sure that's not true.
And I can't remember Tillich much at all, although IIRC, he was pretty
big at the Div School. Have no idea if I agree with this assessment,
however.

I also don't mind being 60% Anselm -- I enjoyed him quite a bit, very
Aristotelian, nor 53% Augustine, I liked him as well, moreover, he was
a bit of Platonist as well, since back then all the translations of Aristotle
were influenced, unwittingly, by Platonism.

Too bad I'm only 20% Moltman. I translated a bit of him in Divinity School
for that damn German exam and I found his writing very powerful.

Never read Finney or Edwards so have no clue.

7% Luther -- heh -- too bad it's not even lower.

Which Christian Theologian Are You?




You scored as Karl Barth.
The daddy of 20th Century theology.
You perceive liberal theology to be a
disaster and so you insist that the
revelation of Christ, not human
experience, should be the starting
point for all Christian theology.









Karl Barth


100%


Paul Tillich



67%

John Calvin


67%

Friedrich Schleiermacher


67%

Anselm



60%

Augustine


53%

Charles Finney


27%

Jonathan Edwards


20%

Jürgen Moltmann



20%

Martin Luther



7%


Which Christian theologian are you?

created with
QuizFarm.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home